Neyjour

Neyjour's Gay (M/M) Library

Wolfkin - Emily Veinglory

Wolfkin

by Emily Veinglory

The man Arun loves is kin to the wolf; but Arun is kin to darkness itself.

Arun is in training to be a priest of the Fire God when he is abruptly plucked from his peaceful studies, bespelled and staked out as bait to capture a monster--a wolfkin. But the wolfkin isn't quite what Arun expected. He has a name, Trae, and he's more man than beast. And from their first touch, they are far more than predator and prey to each other.

Instead of killing Arun, Trae spirits him away to the distant city of Shireen. There, on a family plot of land, they should have a good life together. But the spell that a witch cast on Arun is growing stronger, taking over--and it still wants to destroy the wolfkin.

Torn between the power of the spell and his love for Trae, Arun must face the darkness within him--or it will kill them both.

My Review/Comments:

Fascinating world and intriguing storyline in this one. The relationship between Arun and Trae did seem a bit lacking, but despite that, I still found myself enjoying it quite a lot...until I got to the ending, which completely ruined the whole book for me.

Cryptic, mystical, woo-woo mumbo jumbo is all fine and good, so long as, at some point later on, we get an explanation that us simple folk (aka: the reader) can understand. Which we don't in this case. I don't know...maybe it was just me, or I was too tired to figure it out, but the scene in the temple had my eyes glazing over and made my brain ache.

And then, after that confusing scene, the story just ended abruptly, with lots of questions left unanswered. It left me feeling cheated and very disappointed.

I have to wonder if the author started to get bored with the story and just tried to finish it as quickly as possible... :(